Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Ultimatum Diet – Challenge #3


I am in the middle of writing posts to wrap up the end of the Sweatin' to the Oldies challenge,  but it's getting late and I need to sign myself up for a new challenge before my splurge week, which slipped into a two week splurge fest, extends any longer.

But I won't leave you in suspense.  I did win Challenge #2.  I followed the rules in my contract and survived. I'm so sorry to everyone who was hoping to see me sweat along with Mr. Simmons.

I'm pleased to announce that there may be another opportunity to see me insanely uncomfortable.  My next Ultimatum challenge, Challenge #3 is going to be the "Caillou Challenge."



It's no secret that Caillou is my least favorite children's show.  The child is whiny, and his parents indulge him in it.  I could go on for quite some time about why and how much Caillou annoys me, but I'll save the details for another day.

The rules for the challenge are pretty much the same as the previous two challenges.
1. Stay within my weekly calorie budget.  I will start the challenge continuing with Loseit's recommended calorie limits for losing 2 pounds a week.  If I need to adjust the calorie amount or end the challenge entirely due to doctor's recommendations or other valid reasons, it will be allowed with no penalty.
2. If at the end of any week I am over in my calories, I have to fess up, and do the penalty.
3. For this challenge, I'm going to try something new.  I'm going to give myself five free days to use whenever I'd like during the challenge.  On those days I can eat whatever I want, but I will only count my daily calorie allotment.  So if LoseIt recommends I eat 1,200 calories on Christmas Day, I can use a free day and eat whatever I want, counting only 1,200 calories of it. I'm planning on using these free days for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and my birthday.

The consequences for losing the Caillou challenge are:
1. Purchase $50 worth of Caillou DVDs on Amazon.com
2. Watch every episode of Caillou available on Netflix.  No sleeping or zoning out.
3. Within a week, pick and celebrate Caillou Day.  On Caillou Day, I must play the part of Caillou's mother without the benefit of whatever happy pills she's on.  My children, husband, and anyone else who wants to play, can take on the part of Caillou, or another character in the show.  I must put on a smile and talk in happy soothing tones no matter how much the Caillous of the world whine, annoy me, and throw tantrums.

If I win the challenge I will earn a sanity day.  One full day without any children.  I will be allowed to do what I want, when I want, and with as much or little background noise as I please.  And $50 in spending cash.

The challenge will start tomorrow, Monday, October 1st, 2012.  It will go at least until January 1, 2013.  I will pick the exact finishing date as the new year gets closer.  I'm thinking I would like to go until a week before the West Jordan Biggest Loser contest starts again, which will probably be sometime mid January.

Here is where I promise I'm going to do this.  I promise, then hit Publish, and then I'm locked in.

I am now officially entering myself into the Caillou challenge. I promise that I will follow the rules of the challenge, as they have been explained above. I will track what I eat, using my integrity and best judgement to record what I am eating. I will not go above my weekly allotted calories. If I do, I will suck it up and take my punishment.

Okay, done!

1 comment:

  1. These just get funnier and funnier...

    "I must play the part of Caillou's mother without the benefit of whatever happy pills she's on."

    May your journeys take you further and further from Caillou, and every road you run on be free from whiny kids (welll, maybe that's stretching it a bit).

    ReplyDelete